Sunday, December 09, 2007

 

RPCV

It's actually Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Patty now.
So I actually did make it, and the kids were the main thing that kept me going.
The high school kids and the environmental activities we did are absolutely my favorite memories. A lovely lady, Sylvia, opened a coffee shop about 9 months before I left and that became my haven. I could go in there and read with a cup of very strong Batangas coffee, it was a life saver. My host family honored me by asking me to be ninang to the new grandson, another great experience. Baby Lawrence is as cute as can be and I intend to keep in contact with him always. The funny - or sad, depending on how you look at it - thing is that just as I was beginning to get that sense of belonging it was time to go.
Readjustment to the US is almost as hard as unadjusting to the 1st world was. I still have a ways to go on that front. But, if learning new things about yourself and fighting to keep your life meaningful and forcing yourself to take chances and stay out of the old age rut, if that is what keeps one young, then I'm just a kid still. A kid with a lot to learn, ' cause what I don't know is alot.
Comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?